sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Liverpool star Thiago Alcantara has 'rejected lucrative offer' from Saudi Pro League
Home>Football
Updated 12:12 4 Jul 2023 GMT+1Published 11:46 4 Jul 2023 GMT+1

Liverpool star Thiago Alcantara has 'rejected lucrative offer' from Saudi Pro League

Thiago has turned down a big move.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Liverpool star Thiago Alcantara has rejected a lucrative contract offer from the Saudi Pro League, it has been reported.

The 32-year-old Spain international signed for the Reds from Bayern Munich in 2020, with his contract due to expire next summer.

The Athletic reported last month that Liverpool were expecting the exits of Thiago and team-mate Joel Matip on free transfers next summer, but were still planning for their involvement during the upcoming campaign.

However, Thiago fuelled speculation over a potential earlier exit by removing the club's name from his bio on Instagram on Monday - a potentially significant move in the age of social media.

Advert

That came weeks after a dressing room video was posted which showed the club's 2023/24 shirts adorning the walls, with the names of each player on the back.

However, Thiago and Matip were the only two current players to have the 2022/23 season's kit on the wall - sparking more rumours about a potential departure.

You can see the video below.

And now it has been claimed that a Saudi Arabian club approached him over a transfer - but the Spaniard has decided to stay put for now.

Thiago 'rejects Saudi Pro League move'

According to The Athletic's James Pearce and David Ornstein, Thiago has already turned down one 'lucrative' offer from the Saudi Pro League - but there remains interest from clubs in the division.

It is claimed that he rejected a formal offer because he wants to focus on pre-season training with Liverpool when it gets underway.

Furthermore, Saudi clubs are not said to have made a bid for Thiago, with the player's camp having been approached directly.

It is added that the Spanish midfielder intends to remain at Anfield this term, while his future beyond then remains more unclear.

It also remains to be seen whether an improved offer from Saudi Arabia convinces him to move to the division, with the midfielder said to be on their list of elite players they want to attract to the league for next season.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Liverpool, Thiago Alcantara, Premier League, Transfers, Saudi Pro League, Saudi Arabia

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
4 hours ago
5 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Carlo Ancelotti announces 26-man Brazil World Cup squad as Neymar call made

    Brazil take on Morocco in their opening group match on June 13.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola to leave Manchester City after final game against Aston Villa as successor named

    Guardiola is expected to leave City after 10 seasons in charge.

    Football
  • Getty
    4 hours ago

    Croatia announce 26-man World Cup squad as decisions made on Modric and Gvardiol

    The European nation begin their tournament against England on June 17.

    Football
  • Getty
    5 hours ago

    Jamie Carragher reignites Mo Salah feud branding Liverpool man selfish live on MNF

    Salah demanded a return to 'heavy metal football' in an apparent parting swipe at Arne Slot

    Football
  • Son Heung-min's astronomical Saudi Pro League contract offer revealed with player 'set to leave Spurs'
  • Cristiano Ronaldo’s Saudi Pro League Earnings Since Man Utd Exit
  • Mo Salah Could Be 'Blacklisted' From Saudi Pro League if Strict Rule is Broken
  • Harry Kane Has Made His Feelings Clear on Saudi Amid 'Unbelievable' £261m Offer