Tyson Fury has been nominated in five categories for The Ring's prestigious boxing awards.
The American boxing magazine, which was founded in 1922 by Nat Fleischer, has put the 30-year-old Brit up for Fighter of the Year and Comeback of the Year.
The Gypsy King's bout against Deontay Wilder on 1st December has also earned him a nod in Event of the Year.
That's not to mention the brilliant performance that he put on in the 12th round of the fight is up for Round of the Year. The former WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO champion stunned the world -- and even the Bronze Bomber -- when he climbed back to his feet after an explosive knockdown.
Fury's long-awaited return to the ring came with his vocal support for mental health issues, something he would candidly speak about on a number of occasions.
The Ring has also nominated him for Most Inspirational for his work on raising awareness on mental health.
Fury isn't the only one receiving recognition in his incredible comeback story. His trainer, Ben Davison, played an important part in the Gypsy King's return to the ring and has been nominated for Trainer of the Year.
All of the categories and nominees can be viewed below.
Fighter of the Year
- Canelo Álvarez
- Tyson Fury
- Naoya Inoue
- Vasiliy Lomachenko
- Oleksandr Usyk
Fight of the Year
- Alex Saucedo-Lenny Zappavigna
- Gennady Golovkin-Canelo Álvarez 2
- Jarrett Hurd-Erislandy Lara
- Murat Gassiev- Yunier Dorticos
- Srisaket Sor Rungvisai-Juan Francisco Estrada
Knockout of the Year
- Aleksandr Usyk TKO 8 Tony Bellew
- Dillian Whyte KO 6 Lucas Browne
- Jermall Charlo KO 2 Hugo Centeno
- Naoya Inoue KO 1 Juan Carlos Payano
- Teofimo Lopez KO 1 Mason Menard
Trainer of the Year
- Ben Davison
- Robert Garcia
- Shingo Inoue
- Anatoly Lomachenko
- Eddy Reynoso
Upset of the Year
- Cristopher Rosales TKO 9 Daigo Higa
- Josh Warrington SD 12 Lee Selby
- Maurice Hooker SD 12 Terry Flanagan
- Eleider Álvarez KO 7 Sergey Kovalev
- Rob Brant UD 12 Ryōta Murata
Comeback of the Year
- Nonito Donaire
- Tyson Fury
- Kazuto Ioka
- Manny Pacquiao
- Cristofer Rosales
Event of the Year
- Canelo Álvarez vs Gennady Golovkin 2
- DAZN launch
- HBO leaves boxing
- World Boxing Super Series
- Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder
Prospect of the Year
- Murodjon Akhmadaliev
- Joshua Buatsi
- Jaron Ennis
- Filip Hrgović
- Teófimo López
Round of the Year
- Alex Saucedo vs Leonardo Zappavigna (Round 4)
- Srisaket Sor Rungvisai vs Juan Francisco Estrada (Round 12)
- Murat Gassiev vs Yunier Dorticos (Round 12)
- Sho Kimura vs Kosei Tanaka (Round 2)
- Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder (Round 12)
- Cecilia Braekhus (first Ring pound-for-pound female champ)
- Don Chargin (boxing maven who was a mentor to many)
- Tyson Fury (mental health awareness)
- Daniel Franco (survived near-fatal head injury and now advocates on behalf of boxer safety)
- Brendan Ingle (pioneering British boxing trainer who passed away in 2018)
According to the magazine, the winners and its Fighter of the Year cover star will be "revealed soon."
Should Fury win Fighter of the Year?
Let us know in the comments.
Featured Image Credit: PA