Dillian Whyte Has Broken His Silence Amid Doping Allegations

Dillian Whyte has broken his silence over the doping allegations he faces and expressed his 'disappointment' over what has been said about him.

The British star, 31, had tested positive for a banned substance ahead of his victory against Oscar Rivas on Saturday in London.

And the 'Body Snatcher' has now taken to Twitter to reiterate his innocence and say that he was "cleared to fight and I won that fight fair and square."

He tweeted: "I am so disappointed with the rubbish that has been said about me over the last few days.

"I have lawyers dealing with it and I have been told that I can't talk about it for good legal reasons.

"I was cleared to fight and I won that fight fair and square.

"Thanks for the support."

Whyte had previously served a two-year suspension from 2012 to 2014 for testing positive for an illegal substance.

The Brit could face an eight-year ban from the sport if he has tested positive again for the use of an illegal substance.

Whyte's promoter, Eddie Hearn, said the boxer is "absolutely broken" by the news and believes fans should wait for the facts to emerge before making an assumption on the allegations.

"Before this bout this situation was dealt with," the Matchroom boss told iFL TV.

"Dillian Whyte was cleared by that panel to take part in this fight.

Credit: PA
Credit: PA

"That is really important because people think this news came in and was brushed under the carpet and no-one knew about it.

"No. A process was adhered to. A hearing was had. He was confirmed and cleared to take part in this fight.

"Knowing what I know, I do not believe there is an issue with Dillian Whyte in this situation. Time will tell and that time should be able to give us the judgement.

"Give Dillian Whyte his time to address the situation, make his statement. Wait for the facts and make a judgement."

Whyte climbed off the canvas in the ninth round after a shock knockdown to beat Rivas and win the WBC interim heavyweight title.

Credit: PA
Credit: PA

Credit: PA
Credit: PA

But WBC champ Deontay Wilder, 33, slated Whyte in a lengthy Instagram post after the doping allegations emerged.

The WBC released a statement on Thursday saying that it had not "received any notification from anyone about a positive anti-doping test allegedly yielded by Dillian Whyte."

The statement continued: "The WBC has requested that the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBofC), as the local, governing entity that oversaw that fight, formally provide any available information to the WBC."

Thoughts on the news?

Let us know in the comments.

Featured Image Credit: PA

Adnan Riaz

Adnan Riaz is a journalist for SPORTbible. He studied for a B.A. in History at the University of York and followed it up with an M.A. in Multimedia Journalism at MMU. Before he started writing about sports, he spent over four years in the gaming press. He has worked for several publications, including Hardcore Gamer, LADbible and the Manchester Evening News. Follow him on Twitter to find out what he is working on next. Got a story tip for Adnan? Email him: [email protected]

Next Up

arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up camera clock comment cursor facebook-messenger facebook Instagram link new-window play share snapchat submit twitter vine whatsapp ODDSbible